Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pancakes


This week my younger son said to me, "Ah, the weekend! What's great about the weekend is sleeping in, and you coming downstairs and saying, 'Boys, there's some pancakes for you.'"

Here's our family Swedish Pancakes recipe, from my Grandma Alice. Quantity is per person, so multiply it by 2 or 4 or however many pancake-eaters you're feeding.

1/2 cup buttermilk
1 egg
1 tsp. vegetable oil
1/3 cup flour
1 pinch baking soda
1 pinch salt

Mix together wet ingredients in one bowl, and dry ingredients in another. Combine and whisk together just until lumps are gone. Batter will be thin. Pour small pancakes no bigger than 3" in diameter.

My Grandma Alice served these with boysenberry syrup. I like them with honey or lingonberries; my kids like them with maple syrup.

No comments: