Saturday, November 17, 2007

3,000 Calories A Day


Yesterday my older son called me after school to see if he could bring some friends over. Sure, I said. I like it that he and his friends want to hang out at our house. It was lucky that I had gone to the grocery store yesterday because this is what they ate (including breakfast the next day):
1/2 a loaf of bread
The remaining 1/4 of the ginger cake
1 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts
2-1/2 lb. beef roast
1 large green salad
1 lb. of pasta
2 pts. of ice cream
multiple pieces of fruit
4 bowls of cereal
1 gallon of milk
"I think they would have eaten more roast beef," my husband whispered to me at dinner.

In the boys' biology class, they did an exercise where they monitored their caloric intake and used some kind of projection formula to see what they would weigh in a certain number of years. According to the formula, E. (the tallest, and perhaps the slimmist, of the bunch) would weigh something like 300 pounds when was was 40.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Wow. This is my future (without the beef roast) huh?
When Ben was little and would regularly eat 3 bananas at one sitting, we'd do the Banana Math
(25 lb child eating 3 bananas = 120 lb mom eating almost 15 bananas!) which would make me feel kind of sick just thinking about it. But he seems to be turning out ok so far...