Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New President


Photo by Damon Winter/New York Times
I listened and watched yesterday, and today, to the inauguration and to all the stories of the people who were there. I heard Obama's inaugural address when he gave it yesterday, read it in the morning paper, and listened to it again today. I looked at the galleries of photos online, and the ones in the paper. I think maybe now it's beginning to sink in that we really do have a new president, one that I can support. I'm not sure we can accomplish everything he laid out in his address, but I am hopeful. I don't think I have ever felt so hopeful about what our president can accomplish, even if it's mostly to undo the mistakes of the last eight years.

1 comment:

rpnorton said...

Daphne, I used the exact same photo on my blog post about the inauguration! Have you seen the Lego version? (scroll down for the hilarious rendition of Aretha Franklin):

http://travel.latimes.com/daily-deal-blog/index.php/lego-obama-inaugurat-3930/