Friday, May 16, 2008

Some Mysterious Things


I went for a walk on the beach today since we're having a glorious heat wave. I didn't have my camera with me, otherwise I could have taken photos of some of the things I saw. (The photos in this post were from another, earlier walk on the beach, but I think they can be included as mysterious things, too.) I saw lots of severed crab legs and bodies distributed all in a row along the wave line. I saw scads of ladybugs, crawling in the sand and huddled on rocks, spread along blocks and blocks of beach. In some places they were so thick, I had to step carefully so as not to crush them. I saw a driftwood sculpture that from far off looked exactly like a person running. And even weirder, once I had passed and looked back at it from the other side, it STILL looked like a person running. I saw another driftwood sculpture that from far off looked exactly like someone doing revolved triangle pose (for the yogis). But from the other side, it just looked like a log.
Maybe the crabs and ladybugs were due to the heat. We are so unused to it, everything seems strange. My son reported the pine cones at his school were bursting open and scattering their seeds. The wind was blowing the wrong way. My Bubble Bath roses shriveled and dried and turned brown in one day.


No comments: