Friday, January 25, 2008

Madeleines



I baked these today in honor of my oldest son, who just finished his first semester finals for a very demanding course of study in high school. He worked hard all semester, and regardless of what his final grades end up to be, he deserves sweetness after all that labor. And he gave me the pan for Christmas.
The baking was also a kind of solace for me, since it has been raining all day and I have a cold, and I needed something to take me away from that. In the course of searching for a good recipe for madeleines, I discovered a new (to me) food blog called "101 Cookbooks."
I don't know where I was since it won a food blog award last year, but I just landed at it. There are lots of great recipes, and it's a fun site to browse.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Ohh, what a sweet mama you are. I feel like I can taste them from here - yum!